- Do you have joint pain, back pain, or sciatica, and wonder how important exercise really is?
- Aside from being in good physical condition, what else can exercise do for a person?
- Should you combine chiropractic care with exercise?
One study described that when looking at some non-chiropractic preventive modalities—including exercise, ergonomics, stress management, back supports, shoe inserts, and reducing lifting tasks—only exercise was effective in seven of eight trials. Essentially, this means that you cannot build a strong house (strong body through exercise) without a strong foundation (strong joints through chiropractic). Exercise coupled with chiropractic care is an exceptional way to improve the quality of a person’s life!
Looking at exercise in more depth, regular physical activity has many important benefits that can improve a person’s health in the short- and long-term. Some specific benefits of exercise include:
- Increased energy levels
- Improved muscle strength
- Enhanced immune system
- Improved quality of sleep
- Some reduction in the effects of aging
- Contributes to maintaining a healthy weight
- Improved brain function
- Helps prevent and treat depression and anxiety
- Improved mood
- Reduces the risk of developing certain diseases, such as heart disease, Type 2 diabetes, some degenerative bone diseases, and certain cancers
- It can be fun!
Exercise coupled with chiropractic care helps to reduce pain, widen a person’s range of motion, strengthen bones and muscles, and improve quality of life. At MG Chiropractic, Dr. Mason Greenslade helps to align a patient’s spine properly, provides an overall nutritional program, and creates a customized plan for each patient’s long-term health and wellness.
Ready to get moving? Call MG Chiropractic, part of Natural Rhythms Integrative Medicine, at (206) 257-4022 or schedule an appointment online.